I absolutely love Turmeric. I’ve used it as a face mask to even skin tone, in its obvious form as a spice while cooking, I almost always put a few dashes in my smoothies, and more recently it’s the star ingredient in my tea. If you aren’t familiar with turmeric you will be amazed at all the benefits this spice contains. Some benefits of this perennial plant are:
- liver detoxifier
- decrease cancer risk
- ease heartburn and indigestion
- reduce acne scars
When using quality turmeric powder, you may consider pairing it with pepper in your tea or coconut oil in your smoothies to help with the absorption of curcumin. Curcumin is the active ingredient in turmeric and is fat-soluble. Without mixing it with a healthy fat, you will not reap the full benefits it has to offer.
To make this quick tea I use a prepackaged turmeric tea that also contains organic ginger, licorice, and rose. This tea comes in handy on a day where I don’t have time to cook breakfast because it keeps me feeling full for at least a couple of hours. Below is my recipe for a sweet and savory turmeric tea latte using Numi Organic Tea’s Turmeric Tea Three Roots (that was a mouth full).
- 1 bag Numi Tea Turmeric Tea Three Roots
- 6 oz Almond Milk
- 2 oz Water
- 1 Stick Cinnamon
- 1-2 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Bring water to a boil, add the tea bag and set aside in a mug
- Combine almond milk, cinnamon stick, and cloves in a pot and bring to a slow rolling boil
- Add honey to the hot water in mug and stir. Add spiced almond milk to mug and stir all ingredients together. Steep for 8 minutes.
Let me know if you like turmeric tea and if you enjoy this recipe!